Washington, DC – The Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, chaired by U.S. Rep. Bill Shuster (R-PA), has scheduled a markup for 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 in 2167 Rayburn House Office Building.
The Committee is scheduled to consider the following measures:
- General Services Administration Resolutions for eight leases for Department of Veterans Affairs community-based outpatient clinics, to help improve medical facility and service access for veterans in underserved communities.
- H.R. 1214 – Disaster Simplified Assistance Value Enhancement Act – “The Disaster SAVE Act” temporarily increases FEMA’s simplified projects threshold for disaster assistance to $500,000. This increase will streamline the efficient and effective delivery of assistance for small disaster assistance recovery projects without reducing oversight.
- H.R. 654 – Pacific Northwest Earthquake Preparedness Act of 2017 – a bill to direct FEMA to carry out a plan for the purchase and installation of an earthquake early warning system for the Cascadia Subduction Zone.
- H.R. 1174 – Fairness for Breast Feeding Mothers Act of 2017 – a bill to ensure that federal buildings open to the public provide a public lactation area when feasible.
- H.R. 1117 – To require the Administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency to submit a report regarding certain plans regarding assistance to applicants and grantees during the response to an emergency or disaster.
- H.R. 375 – To designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 719 Church Street in Nashville, Tennessee, as the “Fred D. Thompson Federal Building and United States Courthouse”.
- Fiscal Year 2018 Budget Views and Estimates of the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure.
More information, including a live webcast link, will be posted here as it becomes available.