Rahall Releases Agenda for Native American Roundtable
Washington, D.C. – U.S. Representative Nick J. Rahall, II (D-WV), Ranking Member of the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, today released the agenda for the Native American Transportation, Infrastructure and Economic Development Roundtable he is hosting on March 2, 2011.
The purpose of the Roundtable is to hear about native issues within the Committee’s jurisdiction. The agenda follows:
Nick J. Rahall, II, Ranking Member
Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Room 2167 Rayburn House Office
March 2, 2011
4:00 p.m. – 4:05 p.m. Welcome and introduction by Ranking Member Rahall
4:05 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Congressman Rahall will call on Tribal leaders to present issues
4:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Discussion of issues
5:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Staff will continue discussion of issues
Due to time constraints:
- Only elected tribal leaders may address the Roundtable. Space permitting, tribal staff and attorneys may attend but may not address the Roundtable.
- Only one person per tribe may address the Roundtable. Please consolidate your issues into one comment.
- Please respect other tribal leaders and remember the time constraints.
- To the extent possible, tribes are encouraged to discuss and coordinate issues of mutual concern in order to raise as many issues as possible.
- To assist in preparation for the Roundtable, links to the Committee's jurisdiction by subcommittee are provided below:
- Subcommittee on Aviation: /subcommittee-aviation
- Subcommittee on Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation: /subcommittee-coast-guard-and-maritime-transportation
- Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management: /subcommittee-economic-development-public-buildings-and-emergency-management
- Subcommittee on Highways and Transit: /subcommittee-highways-transit
- Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines, and Hazardous Materials: /subcommittee-highways-transit
- Subcommittee on Water Resources and the Environment: /subcommittee-water-resources-and-environment