House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chair DeFazio Announces Subcommittee Vice Chairs for the 117th Congress
Washington, D.C. — Today, Chair of the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure Peter DeFazio (D-OR) announced the full list of Vice Chairs for each of the Committee’s six subcommittees for the 117th Congress. The six subcommittees and their Chairs and Vice Chairs are as follows:
- Subcommittee on Aviation: Chair Rick Larsen (D-WA) and Vice Chair Conor Lamb (D-PA)
- Subcommittee on Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation: Chair Salud Carbajal (D-CA) and Vice Chair Jake Auchincloss (D-MA)
- Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management: Chair Dina Titus (D-NV) and Vice Chair Chris Pappas (D-NH)
- Subcommittee on Highways and Transit: Chair Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC) and Vice Chair Greg Stanton (D-AZ)
- Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines, and Hazardous Materials: Chair Donald M. Payne, Jr. (D-NJ) and Vice Chair Marilyn Strickland (D-WA)
- Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment: Chair Grace F. Napolitano (D-CA) and Vice Chair Carolyn Bourdeaux (D-GA)
Earlier this year, Committee Democrats selected Rep. Sharice Davids (D-KS) as full committee Vice Chair.
“I am proud to announce that these six outstanding Members will serve as Subcommittee Vice Chairs for the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee. These Members represent both rural and urban communities across the country, and will bring their energy, determination, and new ideas to the table,” Chair DeFazio said. “I look forward to working closely with our talented Vice Chairs as we pass transformational legislation to invest in our nation’s infrastructure and transportation systems that help drive our economy, keep America moving, and create jobs.”
To learn more about the Subcommittees of the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, click here.
Next Article Previous Article