How We Are INVESTing in America
The INVEST in America Act is comprehensive surface transportation legislation that would modernize our roads, bridges, transit, rail and so much more. The transformational bill would move our country away from the status quo and would lay the groundwork for an infrastructure package for the modern era.
Modern infrastructure means creating millions of good-paying jobs that rebuild the middle class and make our country more competitive in the global economy, combating the climate crisis by cutting carbon pollution from the transportation sector, and addressing long-standing inequities in communities around the country with investments that make cities and towns safer and more connected. We can do this. In fact, we can’t afford NOT to!
Learn by Topic
Local Investment. Federal Support.
Infrastructure is calling and mayors are united in building our communities back better through national infrastructure investment. Hear from local leaders on how federal investments in infrastructure will help their communities thrive.
Growing Support for the INVEST in America Act
After Committee leaders unveiled the bill text Friday, June 4, support started pouring in from a diverse array of transportation, environmental, worker, and safety advocates.
Chair DeFazio's Statements
- Jun 10, 2021 : Support for the INVEST in America Act Grows as Transformative Infrastructure Bill Advances Through Committee
- Jun 10, 2021 : After 19-Hour Markup, Committee Advances Two Major Pieces of Bipartisan Legislation to Modernize America’s Infrastructure, Create Jobs, and Restore U.S. Global Competitiveness
- Jun 9, 2021 : Chair DeFazio Opening Statement During Markup of the INVEST in America Act
- Jun 8, 2021 : The INVEST in America Act Makes Historic Investments to Upgrade and Expand Passenger Rail in the U.S.
- Jun 8, 2021 : How the INVEST in America Act Helps Build a More Just and Equitable Future
- Jun 8, 2021 : The INVEST in America Act = Investments in Rural America
- Jun 8, 2021 : How the INVEST in America Act Tackles Climate Change and Puts the U.S. on a Path Toward a Zero-Emission Future
- Jun 7, 2021 : Chair DeFazio Releases Updated Text of the INVEST in America Act That Now Includes Member Designated Projects
- Jun 4, 2021 : Chairs DeFazio, Norton, and Payne Introduce the INVEST in America Act to Create Millions of Jobs Bringing Our Infrastructure into the Modern Era