How We Are INVESTing in America
The INVEST in America Act is comprehensive legislation that would modernize our roads, bridges, transit, rail, drinking water and wastewater infrastructure, and so much more. The transformational bill would move our country away from the status quo and would lay the groundwork for an infrastructure package for the modern era.
Modern infrastructure means creating millions of good-paying jobs that rebuild the middle class and make our country more competitive in the global economy, combating the climate crisis by cutting carbon pollution from the transportation sector, and addressing long-standing inequities in communities around the country with investments that make cities and towns safer and more connected. We can do this. In fact, we can’t afford NOT to!
Learn by Topic
Local Investment. Federal Support.
Infrastructure is calling and mayors are united in building our communities back better through national infrastructure investment. Hear from local leaders on how federal investments in infrastructure will help their communities thrive.
Growing Support for the INVEST in America Act
After Committee leaders unveiled the bill text Friday, June 4, support started pouring in from a diverse array of transportation, environmental, worker, and safety advocates.
"By including strong labor protections across the entire bill, the INVEST in America Act ensures our country can compete in a global, 21st century economy, while creating and sustaining good jobs in construction, operations, maintenance, design, and manufacturing.”
“The INVEST in America Act is a solid piece of legislation that authorizes a transformative increase in funding for roads and bridges, creating a strong baseline of new investment that aligns with the growing needs of our nation’s aging infrastructure."
“This legislation sets its sights on the future, one with strong job growth, a booming economy, redress for racial inequities, and a safer climate. And, critically, this bill avoids unnecessary rollbacks of environmental reviews and public input. This is the bold approach we need to tackle our crises of racial inequity and climate change."
“We applaud your efforts and offer our support for, the Investing in a New Vision for the Environment and Surface Transportation in America (INVEST in America) Act. Your five-year, $547 billion authorization addresses the growing challenges facing our roads, bridges, and transit systems by providing a vital increase in funding levels to address project backlogs, provide much-needed program stability, and give added attention to safety, the impacts of climate change, and resiliency.”
“This once-in-a-generation, forward-thinking investment will help our communities meet growing mobility demands, create family-wage jobs, expand U.S. manufacturing and supply chains, and grow the economy."
Chair DeFazio's Statements
- Aug 4, 2021 : ICYMI: During CNN Interviews, Chair DeFazio Underscores the Importance of Transformational Infrastructure Policies: Bill Must “Actually Begin to Deal with Current Problems”
- Jul 21, 2021 : Chair DeFazio Leads 30 Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Members in Urging Congressional Leadership to Include Transformational Policies from the INVEST in America Act in Infrastructure Legislation
- Jul 1, 2021 : Transportation and Infrastructure and Energy and Commerce Committee Leaders Applaud House Passage of the INVEST in America Act
- Jun 28, 2021 : Chair DeFazio Statement Before the Rules Committee on the INVEST in America Act
- Jun 24, 2021 : DeFazio and Pallone Share Details of $715 Billion Surface Transportation and Water Infrastructure Bill Heading to House Floor Next Week
- Jun 10, 2021 : Support for the INVEST in America Act Grows as Transformative Infrastructure Bill Advances Through Committee
- Jun 10, 2021 : After 19-Hour Markup, Committee Advances Two Major Pieces of Bipartisan Legislation to Modernize America’s Infrastructure, Create Jobs, and Restore U.S. Global Competitiveness
- Jun 9, 2021 : Chair DeFazio Opening Statement During Markup of the INVEST in America Act
- Jun 8, 2021 : The INVEST in America Act Makes Historic Investments to Upgrade and Expand Passenger Rail in the U.S.
- Jun 8, 2021 : How the INVEST in America Act Helps Build a More Just and Equitable Future
- Jun 8, 2021 : The INVEST in America Act = Investments in Rural America
- Jun 8, 2021 : How the INVEST in America Act Tackles Climate Change and Puts the U.S. on a Path Toward a Zero-Emission Future
- Jun 7, 2021 : Chair DeFazio Releases Updated Text of the INVEST in America Act That Now Includes Member Designated Projects
- Jun 4, 2021 : Chairs DeFazio, Norton, and Payne Introduce the INVEST in America Act to Create Millions of Jobs Bringing Our Infrastructure into the Modern Era