U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman Bill Shuster (R-PA) and Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management Subcommittee Chairman Lou Barletta (R-PA) will host a roundtable policy discussion in New York with people involved in private sector real estate to explore opportunities and uses for public-private partnerships in federal real estate.
The roundtable will take place on Monday, December 16, 2013, at 10:00 a.m. in Conference Room A of the Jacob K. Javits Federal Building located at 26 Federal Plaza, New York, NY.
While public-private partnerships have been used for several decades with federal transportation projects, they have been less common with federal building projects. This roundtable will focus on the opportunities, uses, benefits, risks, and obstacles to utilizing public-private partnerships with federal building projects.
The roundtable is open to the public and the press. Members of the media please RSVP to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to Chairman Shuster and Chairman Barletta, expected participants include:
- Ivanka Trump, Executive Vice President of Development & Acquisitions of The Trump Organization
- John M. Dionisio, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman, AECOM
- Roberto Friedrich, Senior Director, HOCHTIEF PPP Solutions North America Inc.
- Greg Kelly, Global Chief Operating Officer, Parsons Brinckerhoff
- Gary Buechler, Managing Director, Development, Americas, Lend Lease Corporation
- Dan M. Tangherlini, Administrator, General Services Administration (GSA)
# # #